Installing on Windows
Support for windows is not yet complete...
Ignoring this advice and building the validator anyway...
- Install the QtSDK
- Install the windows git tools
- Get the DNSSEC-Tools source from a tar or zip file and extract it, or get a copy from git
- Get and install a copy of OpenSSL
- note: If you don't have the visuall C++ 2008 redistributables package installed yet, this is a good place to get that too.
- Get a copy of the OpenSSL Source Code.
- start a git shell and build the dnssec-tools/validator:
- export PATH
- cp /c/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe /c/QtSDK/mingw/bin/make.exe
- cd dnssec-tools/validator
- Note: This may fail for the applications, but it will build the libraries
- build the graphical applications
- Launch QtCreator
- Open the APPLICATION.pro file to build in the dnssec-tools/validator/apps/APPLICATION directories.
- Tell QtCreator to build (and optionally run) it.
- If packaging the tools for a stand-alone run, you may need libraries from /c/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.8.1/mingw/bin/ or similar